In Grade 6, our students participate in a Research Skills course, led by our Library Media Specialist. This quarter-length course enables students to utilize the Library Media Center, computers, school databases and Internet resources to practice skills and habits of research by investigating a topic of their choice. The goal is for students to independently select an appropriate topic, gather resources, judge the quality of websites, and create a product that demonstrates their ability to effectively use digital tools, read and understand both print and digital texts, write with clarity, and design an effective visual presentation. Our middle school students can also participate in Library Media Center activities such as the Library Scavenger Hunt, Skype with an Author program and the Book Review Wall of Fame, which encourage them to explore both fiction and non-fiction on a deeper level.
CLICK HERE TO VISIT MS. LUCIANO'S LIBRARY MEDIA SITE
(FOR ADDITIONAL RESOURCES)
* SUMMER READING RESOURCES - CLICK HERE *
We are open M-F from 7:55am to 3:45 pm
Homework Club held daily from 2:40 until 3:45 pm
Ms. Luciano: Library Media Specialist
Mrs. Sachs: Library Secretary
Mrs. Giacomo: Library Aide
Ms. Hellmer: Library Aide
A student may borrow a book for a maximum of two weeks, with up to three books at a time. If you would like to renew your book you must bring it in with you in order to renew.
Students are expected to follow the acceptable use policy that was signed upon entering the middle school. This policy can be located in the student handbook. Any violation of the acceptable use policy may result in the loss of computer privileges.
10 Things You Can Do in the Library
- Do research using books and magazines on the shelves.
- Access countless books, articles & sites in our online databases.
- Get research help from the research experts--librarians!
- Browse the Internet for school-related resources on a computer in the lab.
- Find and read eBooks online.
- Find a quiet place to study.
- Check out, renew or return books.
- Listen to audio on any of our computers--headphones are available for each computer--or bring your own.
- Work on your projects or homework using the tables or library computers during lunch or after school.
- Read magazines and newspapers.
MAGAZINES AVAILABLE IN OUR LIBRARY
Click here to see the list
DEVICE LOG IN/WI-FI INSTRUCTIONS - CLICK FOR HELP
See Ms. Luciano for help ordering E-books
AXIS 360 site downloads for your devices
(click above for complete list or select individual system below)
AXIS 360 Set Up & Use Guide
WESTCHESTER LIBRARY SYSTEM EBOOKS - CLICK HERE
HOW TO GET A LIBRARY CARD FOR THE WLS EBOOKS -
(Click above to search for books in our library)
You can search by author, title or subject.
English, Social Studies, Math, Science, encyclopedias, news articles and so much more.
VISIT THE MANY RESOURCES AVAILABLE BY CLICKING BELOW:
NEED HELP CITING SOURCES?
How to Cite Sources Guide