Fax: (914) 630-3077
( email@example.com )
Fax: (914) 630-3077
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
NOTE: For the safety and well-being of our students, all buses utilized by the Harrison CSD are equipped with digital video recording devices that are active whenever the buses are running.
School Closings, Delays and Emergency Procedures
Schools may be closed due to adverse weather or other emergencies. School openings can be delayed. During a delay, schools will be open two hours after their regularly scheduled times. In the event of a closing, delay or school emergency, student families will be notified by an automated phone call from the district. The following venues are used for public notification:
When Harrison Schools are closed due to inclement weather or other emergency, transportation to private and parochial schools will NOT be provided. When Harrison Schools are delayed due to inclement weather or other emergency, transportation to private and parochial schools will be provided on the same delayed schedule.
School Bus Assignments
School bus stops and pick-up times are established by the Transportation Department based on analysis of student safety, compliance with district policy and law, and cost-effectiveness. To ensure student safety, students are only allowed on the bus to which they are assigned. Each student is picked up and discharged only at his or her designated stop.
Requests for changes to a student’s bus assignment must be submitted to the Transportation Department on the form available from the department or here
Requests will be considered based on student safety, compliance with district policy and law, and cost-effectiveness. Decisions will be rendered by the Superintendent or his or her designee, all decisions are final. Other considerations include but are not limited to:
- Resultant effects to other students.
- The overall efficiency of the district transportation service.
Factors not considered include:
- Temporary or intermittent changes affecting the student or parent, unless they are within state-mandated considerations e.g. temporary homelessness.
If a bus assignment change is approved, the new assignment will remain in effect for the remainder of the school year, with the exception of extreme and unforeseen circumstance and then solely at the discretion of the Superintendent or his or her designee.
- Eligibility requirements for transportation to private/parochial schools are the same as those for in-district schools.
- Applications for transportation MUST BE FILED ANNUALLY on the district form. Applications are available after January 10 of each year from the Transportation Department or from the menu on the right.
- By New York State Education Law, completed applications are due no later than April 1.
- Regardless of whether or not your child has been accepted at his or her chosen school by the April 1 deadline, an application for transportation to that school should be filed by the deadline.
- Transportation to private/parochial schools starts on the first full day of school in September and will follow the private/parochial school calendar.
- Transportation is not provided on National Holidays. For a list of holidays see menu on the right.