Mobile Toggle

HCSD Employment

Employee Resources

Flex Spending Benefits - Aides & Assistants

Contributory Flex Spending (125 Plan)

Employees may elect to make pre-tax contributions to a flexible spending account, otherwise referred to as a 125 Plan.  By contributing to a flexible spending plan, participating employees may be reimbursed for medical/health-related expenses and dependent care expenses using the pre-tax dollars they have withheld from their paycheck.  Click here for a brochure that explains this benefit. 

To enroll in the flexible spending plan, complete and submit the Flexible Spending Plan Enrollment Form to the Office of Human Resources.  To change your withholding amount during the year or to change your status, complete and submit the Change in Status/Change Election Form to the Office of Human Resources.

To be reimbursed for qualifying medical and health-related expenses, employees must submit original receipts and a completed Flexible Spending Plan Reimbursement Voucher to:

Preferred Group Plans, Inc.
P.O. Box 15136
Albany, NY 12212-5136

To contact Preferred Group Plans directly: Call (800) 573-7474 or (518) 641-0321


Contact the Office of Human Resources: (914) 630-3003